Muller Pneus – Data privacy statement
The information we receive from you helps us to shape and improve continuously your shopping experience at Muller Pneus. We use this information for the execution of orders, the delivery of goods and the service delivery, as well as the transaction of payments (f. ex. for several examinations in the case of purchase on account). We use your information as well to communicate with you about orders, products, services and marketing offers, as well as to update our data set and to maintain your customer accounts as well as to display the client’s test reports and opinions and to suggest products or services which could be interesting for you. We use your information also to improve our store and platform, to avoid an abuse of our website or to detect one, or to allow a third person to execute some technical, logistical or other services on our behalf.
We collect the following information
- Information you give us: We collect and save any information you insert on our webpage or communicate us in another way. You can decide not to give us some information; this could however lead to the fact that you can’t use some of our services or features.
- Automatic information: As soon as you enter in contact with us we receive and save some information. Among others, we use -- as many other websites too -- so-called "Cookies" and receive certain information as soon as your browser opens a Muller Pneus website. Some companies offer software which allows you to visit websites anonymously. Although we have no longer the ability to offer you a personal shopping experience as we can’t recognize you, we want to let you know that these tools exist. User data which are used will only be anonymously collected and saved. Like this we detect for example anonymously and summarized how many clicks attain our shop and which website they derive from.
- Communication via email: In order to render your emails more useful and interesting, we get sometimes a confirmation, which emails from Muller Pneus you open, insofar as your computer supports this function. Provided that you generally don’t want to receive mails from us, please send us a mail at: email@example.com.
- Information from other sources: Occasionally we use the information about you from other sources too and add these to our information in your customer account. We reserve us the right to get some information from a third person about your payment attitudes (f. ex. Mail order companies, credit agencies), to be able to offer you certain payment possibilities (f. ex. purchase on account) or other financial services.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identification symbols, which are transferred via your web browser on your computer’s hard disk. They allow our systems to identify your browser and to offer you some services.
- The Help-function in most web browser’s menu bars explains you how to prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, how to tell your browser to inform you about receiving a new Cookie or even how to switch-off every obtained Cookie. However you can only completely use and experience some of the most interesting Muller Pneus features with the Cookie’s help, that’s why we recommend you to keep the Cookie-function switched on.
- We recommend you as well to log out completely every time you finish using a computer that you use together with some other people and whose browser is preset in order to accept Cookies.
- The cookies inserted through our system have a memory time of 30 days.
The information about our clients is very important to us and helps us to ameliorate our offer. We transfer the information we receive only in the following situations at third people:
- Adherent companies: Muller Pneus transfers personal data (and user data) to allow its adherent and affiliated companies to complete order transactions. These companies are either liable to this data privacy statement or follow guidelines that provide at least just as much protection as this data privacy statement.
- Service provider: We instruct other societies and individuals to accomplish some tasks for us. Here are some examples: parcel supplies, sending of letters or emails, the maintenance of our customer accounts, the analyses of our data bank, publicity ploys, payment transactions (credit cards, direct debit system and purchase on account) as well as customer service. These service providers have access to personal information, required to accomplish their tasks. They are although not allowed to use these for other purposes. In addition they are engaged to handle this information in accordance to this data privacy statement as well as to the Luxembourgish data protection law.
- Assignment of company shares: As we develop our business constantly, it is possible that we or some of our affiliated companies sell or buy parts or properties of some companies (f. ex. stores). During such transactions the customer’s information are usually transferred together with the transferred part of the company. The data are however still subject to the previously existing data privacy statement (except of course if the customer explicitly accepts other regulations). In the extraordinary case of selling the whole Muller Pneus company or its main parts, personal data will be transferred to the buyer.
- Protection of Muller Pneus and third people: We publish customer accounts and our client’s personal data only if we are bound by law to do this or if this is necessary to enforce our general terms and conditions or other agreements or to protect our rights as well as our client’s and third people’s rights. This includes a data exchange with companies that are specialized in the prevention and minimization of credit card’s abuse. It will be explicitly straightened out that a data transfer to these companies for a commercial use that disagrees with this data privacy statement will not happen in this context.
- With your agreement: After the entry of an order you have the possibility to participate in a marketing survey. Thereby you grant us the permission to pass your information even in other cases on to a third party.
Insofar as a personal information is transferred in the previously described context to a third person in a country beyond the European Economic Area (EEA), we will make sure that the transmission will occur in accordance with this data privacy statement and the Luxembourgish data protection laws. In this case the European Union’s “Standard contract II” will be applied. This is about standard contract clauses for the transmission of personal data in the community of third party countries which are provided by the European Commission to guarantee an adequate data protection level.
- During the order confirmation we don’t manifest your credit card’s number. Of course we will transmit the whole credit card’s number during the order processing to the responsible credit cards corporation.
- We keep physical, electronic and procedural safety precautions in connection with the investigation, the saving and the publication of our client’s personal information. These safety precautions include the fact that we will ask you occasionally to provide evidence about your identity before we will reveal personal information to you.
- It’s important to you to protect you against unauthorised access to your password and your computer. If you chare your computer with others, you should look to it that you log off after every session.
Information we receive from you
You give us information when you:
- Search something,
- Shop at Muller Pneus (indication of your phone number included, without which we couldn‘t execute your order)
- take part in a competition,
- to fill in a questionnaire
- Talk to our customer service
- Indicate something in your customer account (please note that you may keep more customer accounts if your registered yourself with different email addresses)
- Recommend our site to third people (your and the third person’s email address)
- engage other service offers for which you have to be informed personally about some offers.
Information, you give us in this connection are f. ex. name, address, phone number, credit cards’ information, people’s names the bought articles will be delivered to, their Address and phone number included, other people’s email addresses, emails sent to us as well as financial data, your identity number included.
Information from other sources
Examples for the information we get from other sources include updated information about the order and delivery address from our parcel services and other transport companies that we use to update our data bank, to guarantee your next order and to ensure that we are able to communicate with you, information about bank accounts, buying- and payment behavior, as well as information from commercial credit agencies that we use to discover abuse, especially fraud and to offer you special financial services and payment methods.
Information, to which you have access
Examples for information to which you have easily access at Muller Pneus: This includes information about older orders, personal Data (including name, e-mail address, password), notifications about special offers, as well as your order history.